Go fresh this fall by adding this heart-healthy salad to your menu as an entree or side salad. Yum!
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced (with skin)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bag mixed lettuce greens (about 5 cups)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup low-fat raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Sprinkle lemon juice on the apple slices, then toss remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Serves 6.
Per serving: 138 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 230 mg potassium.
Recipe courtesy of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Learn more about selecting the right types of food in the right portions
Call 706-721-8637 to make an appointment with an Augusta University Health dietitian.