Slow-Cooker Chicken Chili
INGREDIENTS (makes 4–6 servings)
1 medium yellow onion (one cup), chopped
One 5-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
One 5-oz. can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
One 4.5-oz. can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup fresh or frozen medley of green and red bell pepper strips 12/3 cup frozen corn
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon paprika
3 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
11⁄2 teaspoons oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper akes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Label a gallon-sized freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions and use-by date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag, adding chicken last so it’s the first ingredient to land in the slow cooker.
- Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal it and place it in the freezer.
- When ready to eat, run the bag under hot water to break apart the ingredients and add them to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6–8 hours.
- Optional: Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
Looking of for more healthy eating recipes? Visit the healthy recipes section of this blog!