Spice up your Taco Tuesday with this delicious pescatarians’ twist on traditional tacos!
- 4 fresh or frozen tilapia fillets
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (or 2 tablespoons lime juice)
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas or wraps
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- On a large baking sheet, place the tilapia, and add salt to taste (if frozen, defrost the fish first).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water and the quinoa to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables and cilantro.
- When the fish is done, squeeze lime juice over each fillet.
- Fill each whole-wheat tortilla with fish and about ¼ cup vegetables.
- Roll up and serve with quinoa on the side.
Nutritional information per serving: 393 calories; 5 g total fat; 3 g saturated fat; 48 mg cholesterol; 33 g protein; 56 g carbohydrates; 9 g dietary fiber; 5 g total sugars; 298 mg sodium.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, recipefinder.nal.usda.gov.