Who says ooey-gooey treats can’t be plant-based? These avocado chocolate fudge cookies are a perfect sugar-free option when you want something sweet without the guilt. They are made with 100% unsweetened cocoa powder which packs several health benefits of its own such as, polyphenols which may reduce inflammation and improve cholesterol levels.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Swerve (Erythritol)
- 5-7 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
What you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash ripe avocado into a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract, liquid stevia, and eggs to your bowl.
- Add the salt, erythritol, and baking powder. Mix until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix again until all the ingredients have an even consistency.
- Place your cookie dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place sugar-free chocolate chips on top of the cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes for the cookies to cool, then enjoy
For more healthy eating tips and recipes, visit our Pinterest board!
Trust the experts at Augusta University Health with all of your health and wellness needs. We offer a variety of care centers and practice sites to fit your schedule and needs. To make an appointment at one of our care centers today, visit augustahealth.org, or call 706-721-2273 (CARE).